BareTooth Cupboards Food bank believes that no one should go hungry and that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. BareTooth Cupboards is dedicated to reducing hunger in Carbon County by providing nutritious food to individuals in need and by engaging in outreach and advocacy.
Our vision is a hunger-free community where people in need have adequate access to food through government nutrition assistance programs and community food resources, including our food bank, BareTooth Cupboards. Our board and volunteers will foster mutual trust, respect and the spirit of cooperation to take collective action, with unity of purpose, to end hunger and provide food security in Carbon County.
In order to achieve our vision, we are committed to the following: We believe...
1) The problem of hunger is a solvable one.
2) It will require all sectors of our community to come together to provide short-term responses and long-term solutions.
3) In the good will and generosity of our community.
4) People can be empowered to make a difference in their own lives in a community where the barriers that prevent their economic security no longer exist.
1) Be unrelenting in our efforts to meet the needs of those who are hungry.
2) Establish and maintain a consolidated network of effective food collection and distribution which will provide adequate access to food for those in need within our community.
3) Monitor and evaluate outreach programs and continuously strive to improve and innovate.
4) Educate and raise awareness in our community on the effects of poverty and hunger.
5) Be an advocate for those in need of the food bank.
6) Support self reliance among our recipients.
Kathy Sommerfeld President
Corey Thompson Vice-President
Lori Bremer Treasurer
Patty Schuessler Secretary
Steve Smith Director
Ryan Brajcich Director
Jeanne Gainer Director
Trudie Olson Director